Ruben S. Torres
Ruben brings over 15 years of construction and development experience to the C4 Builders team.
With over five million square feet of projects completed and dollar values in the hundreds of millions, his experience includes heavy retail, base building construction, Class A office interiors, mission critical facilities, data centers, building renovation, restaurants and multi-family development. Ruben graduated from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and earned his Masters of Business Administration with a finance concentration from The McColl School at Queens University of Charlotte.
James F. Downs
James brings over 25 years of commercial development experience to the C4 Builders team. Prior to joining C4 Builders in 2019 as Principal and Co-operating Partner, James was one of the founding partners of both Crosland Southeast and C4 Builders. During his tenure at Crosland Southeast he was responsible for generating new retail and mixed-use development opportunities throughout North Carolina and Virginia, including oversight of site selection, entitlements and anchor tenant procurement. Prior to the formation of Crosland Southeast, James was Vice President of Crosland's retail division. Having spent the vast majority of his career on the owner/developer side of construction projects, James brings a unique perspective to C4 Builders where the utmost attention is placed on exceeding expectations in terms of budget, schedule and communication.
AFFILIATIONS, ACCREDITATIONS & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Past North Carolina/South Carolina State Director
- Past North Carolina Operations Chairman
- Past Chairman – ICSC Carolinas Idea Exchange Convention
- Senior Certified Leasing Specialist (SCLS)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – North Carolina and South Carolina
- Charlotte Region Commercial Board of Realtors (CRCBR)
- Top Broker for Retail Development Award Recipient
- Multimillion Dollar Award Recipient
- North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
- Past Board Trustee
- Past Chairman, Corporate Partners Capital Campaign
- Levine Museum of the New South
- Past Board Member
- Furman University
- President’s Advisory Council (2016 – present)
- B.A., Political Science, Furman University